Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Custom Family Mishap...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
463 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center Custom Family Mishap...

I tried to copy the AS1163 Rectangular Hollow Section from the 'Inventor OTHER' library, into 'My Library'. All I wanted to do was get rid of profiles we dont regularly use and tweak the naming structure...

After copying that part family to my library I then supressed the link to the parent family, and started making changes.

I had a few interruptions while doing this and I might've changed the family names before breaking the link :S

In frame generator the edited family appears the AS standard aswell as the standard I use for 'My Library'

&

Even though the part family exists in the 'Inventor Other' view, it disappears in the 'Merged' view.

what have I done wrong?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have any filters applied in your Content Center viewer?  You may have filtered out the standard or manufacturer of your copied family?  Check the family properties and compare the standard name there to any standards filters that are in place when you are looking at Merged View.

I've generally avoided using straight copy on CC familes and then breaking the link.  Instread I tend to use Save Copy as... and then you can specify you want it independant right there... no links.  Plus you can modify the standards right there as well in the family properties.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

I'd checked my filter settings and couldn't see any reason for them to not be showing, other part familys from the same standard were still visible...

I've deleted my copied family and started again using the method you described, all seems ok. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report