Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Set Not Working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ajlhartman
800 Views, 2 Replies

Contact Set Not Working

I have a lever arm with a tab that catches another tab when rotating around a shaft.

When applying contact set and turning contact solver on, the one tab freezez and seems to be grounded, unable to move. But once turning Contact solver off, the tab is free to move around the shaft again.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: ajlhartman

Do you have clearance between parts?

Attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ajlhartman
in reply to: JDMather

JDMather

Thank you for your response and interest in assisting me.

I was in the process of rebuilding this model to see if there was a constraint some where else that may have been in error.

The model is a co-workers, and they naturaly bring it to me asking to show them the full motions of the assembly, and some times the animations of them as well.

I have built a new model using the same concept as mentioned in my original post, testing to see if there may have been an issue wiht my Inventor; there is not. There is an issue with my co-workers modeling/assembly skills. I will end up rebuilding his model by the end of the week and hope to fix this issue.

As far as clearance, with his models, the original did not have any clearance, but I did rebuild it a second time to add clearance, and I still had the same issue. After rebuilding the full model, if i have the issue again, I will re-post here.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report