Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction Circle in drawing

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
mariont55
3367 Views, 22 Replies

Construction Circle in drawing

Common way to dimension depth of a conical surface in drawing is to dimension it over construction ball. I have construction circles in my model sketch. How can I make them available in drawing to dimension to ? Or, is there a better way to accomplish this ? See attachments.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
mariont55
in reply to: rdyson

Hi,

Wondering if you can help me some more with work points in drawings. I thought I new how to do this, but still not working for me.

I've been working with the drawing that you have posted for me with visible work points and everything looks good there. I for the life of me can not re create the views like you did.

Here are my basic steps in trying to create a drawing view:

1. Have the sketch and work points in model visible.

2. "Genereate Files" to create (refresh) all of the Iparts.

3. Create new drawing

4. Create base view.

When I create the base view, the "view reps" that exist in the model do not show up in the dialog box. Also upon "get model sketches" or "include work features" nothing happens. How do I get my work points into the drawing ??? I've attached a couple of pictures with no view reps and no work points ...

I also noticed that on the drawing views that you've created, everything works, I see the points and I can apply any of the design view that exis in the model. How is this done. At the moment I'm at a loss.

Message 22 of 23
mariont55
in reply to: mariont55

Hi,

Just got my work point problem figured out this morning. What I was doing wrong is creating a sketch and constructing a point, which then was left as an unconsumed sketch. Proper way is to use actual "work point" which then can be included in the table and then is shows up in the drawing browser just fine !!!

Message 23 of 23
rdyson
in reply to: mariont55

It sounds like you got it figured out, if not post your files.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report