Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint Error until I drag

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KentKeller
358 Views, 4 Replies

Constraint Error until I drag

Has anyone run into this.  I have an assembly, that every constraint I place brings up the can't be solved dialog, but if I accept the relationship, and then drag the part it jumps into place and the constraint is happy.    Every single constraint I place is like this.

I can't post the files here, but if Autodesk is interested (if it isn't just something I have accidently switched on or off) I can send it to them.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: KentKeller
Message 3 of 5

Hi KentKeller,

In addition to cbenner's suggestion, I think I recall resolving something like this in the past by going to the Manage tab > Rebuild All button. If I recall correctly the rebuild forced the actual issue to the top so that I could fix it, and then everything was good after that.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: KentKeller

Is it safe to assume that you do not have any sick constraints prior to placing the new one? If there are already sick constraints in the assembly, Inventor starts to become "unpredictable" in regards to solving further constraints..
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
KentKeller
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks all,

I had tried most of the suggestions here and it still didn't work.  I had also closed Inventor and restarted, but still had the same issue.  Today it is working fine though, so it must have needed a reboot. 

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums