Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint Dots

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cadcamm99
946 Views, 9 Replies

Constraint Dots

I have Inventor 2012.  When I work on a new model, I have the Yellow and Green dots when sketching. 

However if I work on an older model, the dots do not appear.  I have everything on. See attachments.  Not sure what else to check.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cadcamm99

On an existing sketch you will have to use show constraints to see the conincident constraints (yellow boxes).

Message 3 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 4 of 10
cadcamm99
in reply to: cbenner

Actually didn't mean the grips.  I meant the yellow dot that follows the cursor and the green dot that shows up when your cursor is on an end point, midpoint or intersection point.

Message 5 of 10
mrattray

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 10
ampster402
in reply to: mrattray

OP's first pic shows those already set.

Just a guess since you mentioned older files, is it possible these files have not been fully migrated or saved up to the latest version you are using?

Message 7 of 10
cadcamm99

Turns out it is my part that is causing the problem.  After leaving Inventor and going back into it, things went back to normal.  However the more I worked with the part, it became progressivly unstable.  Not sure why part is doing that.

Message 8 of 10
ampster402

if possible, post your file/s here for others to look over.

I don't have 2012 myself, still on 2011 but maybe someone else can take a peek into your model and prehaps find something odd in there.

Message 9 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: ampster402

Oops, missed that.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Have you done a rebuild on the part?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report