Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Upgrading to Inventor Ultimate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
m.granata
251 Views, 1 Reply

Considering Upgrading to Inventor Ultimate

Hello,

I currently use Inventor Premium Product Design Suite.  I am considering upgrading to Inventor Ultimate Product Design Suite for the FEA capability.  For FEA I currently use Algor, the last version before they sold to Autodesk.  I went that route at the time because Inventor would only perform FEA on single parts (an ipt file) and not assemblies or weldments.  Is that still the case with Inventor's FEA capabilities?  Also, back then I believe Inventor would not perform any type of modal analysis ( natural frequencies, freguency responce spectrum ) which I did and still would have a need for from time to time.  Has that capability also been added to Inventor's FEA ability?  Lastly, what element types does Inventor's FEA have, are beam elements now included?  One last thing, does Inventor's FEA mesh complex geometries very well?

Any input from Inventor FEA users is appreciated.  I haven't been able to find much detailed information on Inventor's FEA abilities, element types, load types, analysis types, etc.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: m.granata

Although I've had a bit of training on Inventor's FEA, I do not use it.  However, I do know that current versions of Inventor Pro will perform FEA on assemblies.  Even though I can't answer your more detailed questions, I think that the Inventor help would give you a lot of this information (the on-line WikiHelp).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report