Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Information on Loom Report

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
g.heeley
854 Views, 5 Replies

Connector Information on Loom Report

When defining a wire, to get the correct termination at each end I would like to add Virtual Parts to the Connector Pin Name properties (Select the with, RMB - Harness Properties- From To- Properties (connector Pin Name)- Virtual Parts.

Is there any way to get properties from this onto a Loom Report allied to the wire? Our current Loom drawings list the wire with the terminal connectors at either end. I have tried using GETPART1 & GETPART2 in the cfg definition but this picks up on the Part with the Pin, not the Virtual Part on the wire.

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Inventor Pro, Vault Pro, ACADE
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: g.heeley

Hi,

Are you using Report Generator to get the report? I’m afraid that Virtual Part information is not supported in current Inventor. (All the supported Harness raw data is in a .xml file located in system temp folder %temp%, which will be regenerated each time you invoke the Report Generator command.)

Would you explain more about the design intent and current workflow that may help me find a workaround? I'm not very clear about "to get the correct termination at each end". In Inventor Nailboard drawing, there is a command called "Property Display", which can show the RefDes and Pin name attached to each wire pin. Is it OK for your requirement?

Thanks,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
g.heeley
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicolas

Workflow is best described in the attached Word Document

Hope this explains clearly

Regards

Greg

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Message 4 of 6
NicolasXu

Thanks for the explanation, Greg.

It's clear now. I have some rough thought in mind so far. I will have a try to see if it works, and will report back later.

Thanks,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
NicolasXu

Hi Greg,

By looking into the design workflow, we may have to ignore the connectors (Bootlace, Spade, etc.) in wire connection. I’m thinking the termination information at each end could be treated as part of the wire properties.

Here is a workaround, please see if it works:

• Place the termination information onto the Wire properties (Or directly add into wire library properties, and override in occurrence level if necessary.)
  • For example, Termination1 refers to the termination of wire pin 1, and Termination2 refers to the termination of wire pin 2.
  • Edit .cfg file of Report Generator, to read the “Termination1” and “Termination2” properties from wires. (Attached configuration file for reference, please rename it to .cfg extension due to the restriction of the discussion group.)

CH.png

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
g.heeley
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicolas

We were using this method as a backup in case we couldn't get the desired workflow.

Perhaps its someting to look at in a  furure release

Thanks for your help on this

Regards

Greg

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report