Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting constraints in Inventor 2013 assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pbjohnson
471 Views, 7 Replies

Conflicting constraints in Inventor 2013 assembly

Hello all,

I am having an issue with conflicting constraints when trying to constrain a belt filter support assembly (supportasssembly) into 4 belt filter frame (probeltframe) holes in my overall assembly drawing. It is easier to understand when looking at the assemblies, so I have attached the file below. This is probably a very easy fix, however I am new to Inventor and I understand that the constraints are very finnicky.

Thanks,

Patrick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pbjohnson
in reply to: pbjohnson

Additionally, I would like it to be set into the four holes with no vertical or horizontal motion. If someone could list the combination of constraints that will work, that would be great. I think it is possible but I am not setting constraints in the right order.

Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr

an iam file is useless without its associated files.

an iam file just links to its components but does not include them in the file.

You need to do a pack and go or zip up all the parts/subassembly with the iam file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
pbjohnson
in reply to: mcgyvr

Sorry about that! Here is a zipped file of all subcomponents/subassemblies

Message 5 of 8
pbjohnson
in reply to: mcgyvr

Assembly1 is the assembly I am modifying.

Message 6 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!!

The problem relly in the parts, not in the constrains.

First, resolve the problem in the part.

Men... your models are a mess... constrain the sketches first, see more options in the tools... for instance... "extrude to next"... and then your assembly will be a lot more easy to mount...

Sorry, i only have Inventor 2014 and 2014, so i can't send you the files corrected.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! To be more specific, the Sketch4 in prooldbeltfiterpole2_0.ipt has quite a few sick sketch lines. It seems like they were associative to some geometry which no longer exists. You may want to delete those sick sketch lines and re-establish the associative relationship.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
JDMather

....also, there are at least a couple of Service Packs and Updates avialable for r2013 that you should probably install.  (disable UAC and anti-virus during install)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report