Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
901 Views, 4 Replies

Configurations

I am new to Inventor and am looking for the way Inventor does configurations. I come from a SolidWorks background

and there you could make multiple configurations of your assemblies. How does Inventor deal with configurations?

I did a search on configurations and not much came up. It might be that it is called something else in Inventor.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Randall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor has many ways to deal with configurations. They are named differently.

In Inventor Help, search on iAssemblies, Positional Representations, iParts, Adaptivity, iLogic, etc.

Message 3 of 5
cadman777

My work-flow had recently changed, and I need IV 2010 to work like SW "configurations".

The above doesn't provide enough information for me to make an informed decision on how to accomplish this.

I use assemblies instead of weldments in IV, b/c weldments hog resources and kill performance.

When using features in assemblies, this problem occurs:

The "machined" features disappear when the model changes.

This doesn't happen w/part files. The features "break", but they don't disappear.

This also happens with the "frame generator", which I use quite frequently.

QUESTION:

Is there a way to use assembly features (i.e., do "machining") in assemblies without the problems?

If so, what is the work-flow in Inventor?

Thanks ... Chris

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Was there ever a resolution to this problem.

We want to be able to control our design using one model when we the option of building the product out of different materials.

For example we want to have a component that is avaiable in 304 stainless and also 316 stainless. This means that the to different components would have two different stock codes and material call outs.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Stephen.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

iPart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report