Inventor General Discussion

TRYoung71
Message 1 of 8 (326 Views)
Accepted Solution

Component drop-down in Format Text dialogue box not producing intended results

326 Views, 7 Replies
11-27-2013 07:51 AM

In an .idw environment, I have multiple models displayed.

I am trying to create simple text labels for each model using text, modifying each one so that it will display the part number and the revision level by using the "Component" drop down box and assigning the proper "Type" and "Property", then using the "Add Text Parameter" button to place the fields into the text box.

This works as intended for the first model that I created a view for.  However, it will not work for each successive model; the text will revert to the part number and revision level of the first model that was brought into the .idw environment, even if I change the target component in the "Component" drop-down box.

In the .jpg that I have attached, you can see that I have 035-14218 selected in the "Component" drop-down.  This is the initial model that I brought into the .idw. and the resulting text is correct.

Is this a bug, or is there something else that I need to do that I am missing?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

Due to the nature of our business, I am not permitted to attach any files showing models or .idw environments of any actual work-related components.
*Pro
jletcher
Message 2 of 8 (314 Views)

Re: Component drop-down in Format Text dialogue box not producing intended resul

11-27-2013 08:04 AM in reply to: TRYoung71

Are these assemblies or parts?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
TRYoung71
Message 3 of 8 (312 Views)

Re: Component drop-down in Format Text dialogue box not producing intended resul

11-27-2013 08:05 AM in reply to: jletcher

These are assemblies.

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

Due to the nature of our business, I am not permitted to attach any files showing models or .idw environments of any actual work-related components.
*Pro
jletcher
Message 4 of 8 (293 Views)

11-27-2013 09:10 AM in reply to: TRYoung71

Inventor will take only what you have in VIEW:1

Seeing you have assemblies you also can't use a symbol.

You would have to right a VBA or ilogic to get it to work. I am a bit busy today but if someone does not help you on this I will when I am done.

You could do a search to see if some has done this already and I believe it was..

It is also a item in idea section you can vote for it to be added..

I will find links later if no one helps you..

Sorry..

James Letcher
*Pro
jletcher
Message 5 of 8 (291 Views)

11-27-2013 09:14 AM in reply to: TRYoung71

Here I did a search this is what I found you may have to change it up or search for more..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/ilogic-code-to-change-View-Label-Text/m-p/36251...

James Letcher
*Pro
jletcher
Message 6 of 8 (288 Views)

11-27-2013 09:18 AM in reply to: TRYoung71

This may be better

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Custom-user-properties-in-view-label-of-drawing...

James Letcher
*Pro
jletcher
Message 7 of 8 (286 Views)

11-27-2013 09:21 AM in reply to: jletcher

P.S.

Please give Curtis_Waguespack the thank you. He did all the work and is a very nice guy..

You can kudos me for the help if you wish but he gets all credit..

James Letcher
TRYoung71
Message 8 of 8 (280 Views)

11-27-2013 09:41 AM in reply to: jletcher

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube