Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Visibility States in Drawings

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Cadmanto
1844 Views, 13 Replies

Component Visibility States in Drawings

Does anyone know why the visibility cannot be toggled on/off in drawings?  Why the visibility selection is greyed out?

Specifically when it comes to patterns.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ampster402
in reply to: Cadmanto

works for assemblies in 2011.   You have to expand the pattern and select the actual part, not the "Element:x" entry.

visibility-options.png

Message 3 of 14
mpatchus

Check your view properties.

If the view Representation is set to ASSOCIATIVE, you cannot change the visibility of components in the view.

View Associative.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: ampster402

Yes, it works in my 2012 assembly as well.  I am talking about in the drawing.  Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: mpatchus

Yes, you are right.  I forgot about the associativity selection for it being greyed out.

But, why can't you select the patterns to change the visibility?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 14
ampster402

That screenshot is from the drawing 😉

my bad for cutting off the top!

visibility-options-full.png

Message 7 of 14
Cadmanto

Oh, no problomo!!!  Smiley Tongue

I can do that as well.  Meaning treeing out the pattern to show the individual components and turning off the visibility there.  Now why can't you just turn off the visibility of the entire pattern?  I have a case where my assembly has a bunch of patterns and to do the individual components is time consuming.  It would be worlds easier to just turn off the pattern.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 14
ampster402

Entire patterns, ahhh!  Good question!

And another mistake I made early this morning was overlooking "component" patterns and just assumed "patterns" hence the reason I added "assemblies" to my 1st post!

Was lacking caffeine this morning!

If it helps, you can expand all the components (have to actually), then highlight the 1st component then press and hold the ctrl key while clicking on the last component.  This will highlight all components and allow you to turn vis off.

Still, too much work to do that!

Message 9 of 14
VdVeek

Create a new representation View in the assembly file where you hide the patterns and then change in the drawing your view to the special made Representation view.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 10 of 14
Cadmanto

How is your caffine level today?  Smiley Very Happy

I could do that and I know that is a way to do it, but it is a pain and very time consuming when you have hundreds of (specifically) hardware parts.

Like I said, it would be a whole lot simpler to do it at the parent pattern level.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 14
8wr_zj

Do yall know if this workflow has been updated in INV 2014? Ive got some patterens with 300-350 parts i need to turn off.
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 12 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Hi! If the drawing view has "Associative to Design View" option turned on, the component visibility will always be controlled by the Design View (it cannot be turned on/off in the Drawing browser). If the option is turned off, the component visibility can be controlled in the Drawing browser.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 13 of 14
8wr_zj
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the help. i am talking about surpressing an entire compont patteren without having to open all of the elements in it to surpress it from the browser. my IDW view is set to master that i can do this when i need to. I think it is crazy to open 100-200 elements to be able to turn the visibility off to hide them in an IDW view.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 14 of 14
VdVeek
in reply to: 8wr_zj

I still think the best way to hide a pattern is to create a different View Representation in the assembly, like i wrote in post 9. Especially when you change the pattern number, in the assembly environment it's a lot easier to handle the visability.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report