Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Lofting Question

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
HomeMadeSin
452 Views, 22 Replies

Complex Lofting Question

I have a need to form what is known as a Francis vane impeller (double curvature). Lucky me, huh? Anyway, I understand the loft method for generating a shape from multiple planar sketches, but how on earth can you generate a 3D sketch on a non-planar surface??? As far as I can tell, 3D sketch is only for sweeps. A couple of good similar examples of what I'm trying to do would be either a propeller for a airplane or a boat if you were trying to do the lofting outward, STARTING (I repeat - STARTING) from the hub surface which for both of these objects are curves....Thanks in advance.

Troy Zellers
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
HomeMadeSin
in reply to: HomeMadeSin

Jeff:

Thanks again for your example. I didn't look at the simplified version, as I got the hang of it from the first one.

Also, I posted my file under the your CF posting for Impeller IV6 for reference. I didn't array the vane yet, as IV tells me it can't. What I need to figure out now is how to stitch it together to be a solid. In my case, I can't thicken the part due to its shape, which BTW still doesn't match the actual vane, but that isn't IV's fault.

Larry:

I couldn't download the silver tongue file. I get an error "no attachment" message.

Thanks again,
Troy Zellers
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous

Well ... that's strange. I just went to Cf and
tried it and it worked okay. Go figure! R6 right?

~Larry

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Jeff:

Thanks again for your example. I didn't look at the simplified version, as
I got the hang of it from the first one.

Also, I posted my file under the your CF posting for Impeller IV6 for
reference. I didn't array the vane yet, as IV tells me it can't. What I need
to figure out now is how to stitch it together to be a solid. In my case, I
can't thicken the part due to its shape, which BTW still doesn't match the
actual vane, but that isn't IV's fault.

Larry:

I couldn't download the silver tongue file. I get an error "no attachment"
message.

Thanks again,
Troy Zellers

Message 23 of 23
Anonymous

Are you using the Web access? If so first click on Larry's name so it jumps to his post,
and then try downloading it.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"HomeMadeSin" wrote in message news:f129fe2.19@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jeff:
> Thanks again for your example. I didn't look at the simplified version, as I got the
hang of it from the first one.
>
> Also, I posted my file under the your CF posting for Impeller IV6 for reference. I
didn't array the vane yet, as IV tells me it can't. What I need to figure out now is how
to stitch it together to be a solid. In my case, I can't thicken the part due to its
shape, which BTW still doesn't match the actual vane, but that isn't IV's fault.
>
> Larry:
>
> I couldn't download the silver tongue file. I get an error "no attachment" message.
>
> Thanks again,
> Troy Zellers
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report