Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors Don't Update in IPN

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
986 Views, 28 Replies

Colors Don't Update in IPN

How do you get the colors of parts in an exploded IPN to update to match how they look in the IAM file? For example brass looking parts (brass material also) were changed to aluminum in the IAM file. But in my exploded IPN the parts still look like brass. Gary
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
csmac2004
in reply to: Anonymous

No, I never sent a data set. I did send them feedback about this apparant bug, but I never got a reply.
Scott MacDonald
Inventor 2013 Product Design Suite
Vault Professional 2013
Windows7 x64
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous

It does here.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

Troy,

Here is the problem as I see it.

When placing a view into a ipn the design view defaults to "None". Regardless of what design view is active in the iam. You can select options and pick your design view when placing this view.
After placing the view in the ipn it is locked to what the design view state is at the time of placement. Once the view is placed you can update your iam design view untill you are blue in the face and your ipn will not follow along. Once it is placed in the iam it's as if the link is broken.
Message 24 of 29
mount_mordor

Well I tried to open this file in R10 and it has crashed to the Desktop 5 times so far. So I not sure that R10 has anything in store for me (at least not with this problem)
Message 25 of 29
mount_mordor

I can see that, and it would explain my troubles, but why in the h%$ would you want to cut one of my arms off. If that is how Autodesk has set this up I would be really ticked off. What is the point of design views, if they won't pass through or work with the ipn....arrr.

Anyways thanks for your replies.

Troy
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous

FYI-No different in IV10
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous

Don't know if this is off base or not but a lot of times these settings are getting stuck in the ram of the current IV session. Reinserting over and over gives the same results because IV using the RAM resident version of the settings. So getting out of IV and maybe even a reboot to clear might help.

I say this because I use the IV RAM usage to my advantage in another way. When you bring in a SAT file the resulting part in just in RAM until you hit save. So I do an RMB open on each part and save copy as, then replace component, the finally save copy as the inserted sat assembly. I then have a renamed imported SAT assembly by just using the RAM resident version without righting the HD.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

My guess the insert over and over and getting same results has to do with changing the color/visibity of something in the current iam design view and when placing the view into the ipn it is getting placed to a different design view "None".
Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

Hi Gary,

Here is what I've done in both R9_sp2 & R10. There is a difference in the workflow between the two. R10 saves about 4 steps, 8 total. Let me know if this does not work for you.

Thanks,
Bryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report