Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding in Inventor (iLogic) - Measure an angle

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eric.vinjegaard
869 Views, 6 Replies

Coding in Inventor (iLogic) - Measure an angle

How do I measue angles between faces in a rule? I want to create a simple if statment depending on the angle between a rotating object and a grounded object. If a certain face of the rotating object is 180 degrees relative a face on the fixated object the rotating object is supposed to rotate around its own axis. 

I've seen the Measure.Angle-function but I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: eric.vinjegaard

Does it have to be a dimension? are you in an assembly?

Message 3 of 7
eric.vinjegaard
in reply to: jletcher

Yes, it´s in an assembly. 

Well i I just want the rule to measue the angle between the two faces (two different parts) each time the rule iterates to determine the state of the rotating object. As I mentioned before, the rotating objects' angle relative the ground is supposed to be determined depending on the angle between two faces. 

Message 4 of 7
jletcher

How are you controlling the angle?

Message 5 of 7
eric.vinjegaard

It is constrained on another object which is rotating and the rotating movement is controlled with an angle parameter. 

I simply want a rule to measure an angle between two faces on its own to launch different actions depending on that angle. 

Message 6 of 7
jletcher

Just have the rule read the parameter not a dimension..

Message 7 of 7
eric.vinjegaard

That´s what I've been doing but I realized that it's not a good way to go. I'm driving the constraint (parameter) now to make the movements the way I want them to be, but later on when I'm going to do simulations the parameter is not going to be the reason the object is rotating. But if i manage to measure the angle between the objects within the code I will be able to determine its position. Do you know if it's possible to do that? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report