Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipping symbols to the Baseline set dimensions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
532 Views, 3 Replies

Clipping symbols to the Baseline set dimensions

Hello,

I'm having a problem with permanent clipping of user symbol (any symbol) to the baseline set dimensions. Works fine, until I try to add new dimension ( right click and Add member). Symbols which are above added dimensions changed position ( but they are still clipped).

I'm working on Inv 2013 SP2.

Best Regards,

Marcin K.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Marcin,

Welcome to the forum.

When you say you are having issues attaching symbols to the dimensions are you talking in the edit dimension dialog box it is not allowing you to add symbology?  If so, what kind of issues/errors is it giving you?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

I'm using user symbols as a revision tag. I clip symbols to one of 6 snap points on a dimension text (not in edit dim dialog box).

What is important - I use baseline set dimension.  IE ( I left the arrows on purpose, to show where I clip them):

I put user symbols on dimension 695.0 and 502.5 (User symbols 1.jpg)

When I add 347.5 dimension, symbols jump from 695.0 to 657.5 and from 502.5 to 347.5. (User symbols 2.jpg)

Any idea how to permanent lock the symbols to the dimensions?

Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately,right now there are not great methods for attaching symbols to dimensions other then what I talked about in my first posting.  Through the edit dimension editor.  I know there are ideas in the Inventor IdeaStation that speak to this.

You are showing balloons pointing to the dimensions, is that the symbol you are trying to attach or are you just showing that for effect?

The balloons can have leader text attached to them by pointing the leaded to any of the quadrants of the balloon, but as far as the dimensions, unfortunately what I have already outlined is the best method for now.  If this is not what you are looking for you can go to the ideas station and formulate an idea in the station that speaks more to this.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report