Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking iLogic assemblies in to Vault

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sergio_duran
549 Views, 0 Replies

Checking iLogic assemblies in to Vault

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone has had the following situation before:

I'm currently working with iLogic parts and assemblies. When I want to place an iLogic part or assembly into the main assembly, I always use "Place iLogic Component" command and it creates a copy and makes it unique within the workspace, for instance, assembly 1-01 will be created when placing an iLogic assembly named Assembly 1 and also the children part1-01, part2-02 and so on.

Then I'll use "Check In" command to upload my files to the Vault server, but also always use the check box "Close Files and delete working copies" (aka "Delete working copies") in order to clean my working folder.

The problem comes up when placing a second copy of the same iLogic component, because Inventor will start over using the same naming scheme, e.g. assembly1-01, part1-01, and so on and so forth. This time Assembly1-01 is different than the previous one, so I'll have a conflict when checking this new one in to Vault.

What should I do? Have you noticed this before? Is there any way to avoid this default behavior? Is there any way to change the default iLogic naming scheme? What is the best practice for this? How will you handle this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report