Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Inventor Revision Table Rev Link

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cadmanto
3247 Views, 3 Replies

Changing the Inventor Revision Table Rev Link

I have a situation where I just created brand new drawing templates and they have the revision block inthem already.  The revision block that comes with Inventor.  The vault is driving the revision in the titleblock and when the revision is placed in the revision block it too is linked to the vault.  Here in lies the problem.  When the drawing is checked into the vault and the lifecycle is changed to "Released" and then back to "WIP" the revision updates.  Both in the titleblock (which I want) and in the revision block which I don't want.  Not only is it change the revision block, but the last revision posted as per the image below.

revision.JPG

What I would like to know is how do I change the property in the settings of the title block to not get it's revision from the vault or allow it to be manually driven?

REV.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

No one has any thoughts about this?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 4
JimSteinmeyer

Yes,

I'm watching to see what you learn.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto

Ok, I figured this out.  What I did was in the drawing manager

REV.JPG

I edited the "REVISION HISTORY"

Which brought up this dialog window and if you select the edit button in the upper left corner it brings up the other dialoag window.

REV2.JPG

What I did was remove the "REV" property from the right side and added the "ZONE SHEET" property and changed the column header to read "REV".  Now this revision block is totally manual with no inputs from the vault.

Just the way we like it.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report