Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Default Format setting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BW17
811 Views, 4 Replies

Changing the Default Format setting

We are running Inventor 2014.  Each time I start a new drawing my dimensions come in as two place decimals.  I would like to change my default Format settings to Fraction (ANSI) as a standard. I do not know where this is located or how to change it so I do not have to do this for each dimension that is placed.  Can anyone help?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wimann
in reply to: BW17

Easy. Open the .idw template in it's location (find your template and open that specific file). Then go to the "Manage" Tab in your ribbon and select "Styles Editor". Select your standard in the "Standard" Category. Select the "Available Styles" tab and select "Dimension". Once you have that up, check the box you would like to use as your default. Save and close.

See attachments.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 5
mrattray

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
BW17
in reply to: mrattray

That worked!  Thanks!!

Message 5 of 5
jefferyjensen

Thanks for the tip, I made changes to the Object Defaults to change the object style from Default (ANSI) to say Architectural (ANSI). Problem is the isn't shown on the Annotate Tab > Format ribbon (see image below). How do I make this say Architectural and stay that way? Right now, always goes back to Standard.

DimensionStyleNotArchitecture.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report