Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing line weights default for ANSI Style in .IDW?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdombovyjohnson
883 Views, 1 Reply

Changing line weights default for ANSI Style in .IDW?

I'm looking to see if its possible to change the line weights to the ANSI style. I know you can change them per drawing file but I'd like to keep the standard changed as well. What I end up doing is selecting all the layers and dropping them down to .007 line weight in every drawing, which becomes tedious.

I have Inventor 2011 now and if I do make the change to a template is prompts me when I try to make a new idw off that template that its going to change it. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: mdombovyjohnson

You typically make the change in the template, then save those changed to your style library. What you seem to have done is simply change them in the template but not push those changes to your style library. After making the changes and exiting from the style manager.. hit the "save" button on (manage tab..Styles and standards section right above update and purge) then when you create a new drawing using that template it will have the correct line weights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report