Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Drawing Sheet Size

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rjezuit
70642 Views, 8 Replies

Changing Drawing Sheet Size

I have 4 different sized drawing templates made, one each for A,B,C and D size. There are times when I start a drawing on a C size border/sheet and it gets too cluttered as I add views or annotations. Is there any way to insert/change the sheet size to the D sized template without starting over? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: rjezuit

You should have all your sheet sizes, borders and titleblocks set up in the Drawing Resources of one template.

You can copy these from one file to another and simply right click to change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
rjezuit
in reply to: JDMather

Then would I have to setup each individual drawing every time depending on size? Pick sheet size , border and title block every time I create a drawing? It seems like I would be doing extra work on every single drawing produced versus changing the occasional drawing where I would run into this. 

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

If most of your drawings are the same size then set this as default.

Alternatively you could simply have all information in one template, make appropriate active and then Save As template for that size.  Then simply start with what you think will be appropriate template, and if you end up needing to change - all of the information is in the drawing resources.

Set it once, and forget it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
rjezuit
in reply to: JDMather

I have not tracked which size I use the most, but I use all 4 sizes regularly. I thought it should be relaitvely easy like it is with AutoCAD, but I guess not. It would be nice if you could just cut and paste the existing borders/titlebloacks/sheet size into an existing drawing.

Message 6 of 9
helmartins

Hi

the I logic can resolve your question.. Just changing the title blocks and the borders..

Im having the same problem here(with the sheet sizes), but I'm getting an Ilogic error. I think when this one can be resolved, you can change the size without start over.

I post this issue in the link below. Hope to solve it soon. hehe

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Ilogic-error-changing-sheet-border-and-title-blocks/...

Helder Martins

Message 7 of 9
SBix26

We have five different sheet sizes, but all the resources are in each drawing file: five borders and two title blocks.  That makes it relatively easy to switch: delete border (and possibly title block), change sheet size, add appropriate border (and possibly title block). 

We have an iLogic rule that runs on a new file to present the user with a choice of sizes, then set the sheet size and place the right border and TB.  I want to modfy it to also allow changing the size, keeping the prompted value field data that already exists.

Message 8 of 9
alphil

I've had the same issue a few times with Inventor 2013. If you go to the model tree on the left side of the screen, right click on "Sheet:1" (or whatever yours says), a menu pops up. Click "Edit Sheet" and in the box that subsequently pops up, there is the option to change the sheet size of your existing drawing without changing anything that you've done already (notes, dimensions, etc.). I've attached 2 photos for your viewing pleasure.

Message 9 of 9
gidioneslemos

Just Right-click on the Sheet icon, and select the option edit sheet, it will open a window showing the sheet formats.

Note: the Sheet icon refers to the whole drawing so colapse the drawing tree before right-click on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report