Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
BrianBolam4894
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

Changing Drawing Active Standard

131 Views, 2 Replies
12-16-2008 05:43 AM
I'm new to the style library and I'm trying to figure out how to take an existing drawing that was created on one standard, and changing it to another standard I just created. The new standard has different dimension styles, text, and layers. I've added all the styles to my style library and I've set the new standard to the active standard in both the styles and standards editor and the document settings. If I create a new view, it comes in on the new standard, but the existing views are still on the old. How to I get the existing views on the new standard?

Brian
Contributor
ViveXu.Autodesk
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Changing Drawing Active Standard

12-19-2008 02:42 AM in reply to: BrianBolam4894
Hi Brian,

Yes, the rule is that new style just is applied to the new object, and it isn't applied to the existed object. The intent of this rule is to allow various objects to use different styles in one drawing.

If you want to use new styles to exsited views, you have to select the views and assign the new styles to them again.

Thanks,
-Vive.
Contributor
carlos.arredondo
Message 3 of 3 (67 Views)

Re: Changing Drawing Active Standard

04-10-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: BrianBolam4894

Grettings!

How can I do that? When I select a view, is not possible to apply the desired standard.

Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube