Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change line weight on ipt to jpg file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
donayres
1529 Views, 5 Replies

Change line weight on ipt to jpg file

I am trying to change the line weight on an ipt file saving to a jpg format.

I am creating operations manuals and line weight and pixalation is unacceptable.

thanks,

Don

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: donayres

You would be better off, putting the IPT into a IDW as a shaded view and then exporting to a PDF or other usable graphics file. Make sure your IDW document options are set to Off-Line and increase the DPI.

You also have the option to increase your Line-Weights in the IDW.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Paul-Mason

Have you tried PNG format ?

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: Paul-Mason

In addition to Mason-Pauls post, if you select PNG and go into it's Options, and select "Alpha-Channel" if you have a solid background, it will become transparent in the PNG file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
donayres
in reply to: blair

The best cleanest solution I found for INVENTOR 2014 was to go to VISUAL STYLE / WIRE FRAME WITH VISIBLE EDGES then go to ENVIRONMENTS / INVENTOR STUDIO / RENDER IMAGE...

This allows line weight changes and antialiasing settings. The new image can then be saved and exported into many formats.

It is an awesome feature which makes for adjusting line weights and great for publishing images.

Message 6 of 6
g.ferreira

Although solved for teh original poster, for others that are looking for a away to export from idw (where you can add much information not available in ipn) be sure to activate the following option to get line weight and not the (I believe) default thin lines when exporting to jpg, gif, pgn, etc.

1) confirm that 'Tools/Application Options/Drawing/Display Line Weights' is checked;

2) in Settings, just in front, activate 'Display true line weights'

3) close and reopen Inventor to take effect

You will notice that now when you zoom in an IDW the lineweigh zooms too.

After exporting revert to 'Display line weights by range', which I believe is the default, and reopen Inventor again. You wil get the same aparent lineweigh independent of the zoom again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums