Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Comma to a Period

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jbelle7435
27148 Views, 9 Replies

Change Comma to a Period

Descriptions are the hardest part for me to change???

I looked through other threads. I see a hotfix but for 2011. I have 2012...

Inventor 2012
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
graemev
in reply to: jbelle7435

I would expect this is driven by the metric dimension style's decimal marker field:

Manage Styles - Dimensions - ( expand and pick the appropriate style) - Units (tab) - Units (zone) - Decimal Marker (dropdown list of two: decimal or comma.)

Maybe.

Message 3 of 10
jbelle7435
in reply to: graemev

tomorrow I will check this. Thanks

Inventor 2012
Message 4 of 10
jbelle7435
in reply to: graemev

"Manage Styles - Dimensions - ( expand and pick the appropriate style) - Units (tab) - Units (zone) - Decimal Marker (dropdown list of two: decimal or comma.)"

#1. I followed your idea and lets say one of ALL my Dimension styles had a comma. DEFUALT(ISO). I changed that from comma to a period and it worked. Then I wondered how am I using DEFAUT(ISO) as my dimension style..????

#2. If you go to your Object Defaults: There is this one object called Hole Tag (See all objects to find it)Once your change that to your Dimension style with the Period and whatever decimals palces* you want then it works and is set in stone for that description column. Updating the Hole note object  is not good enogh to fix this issue!

*Dimesion style-->"notes and leaders" tab-->"Precision and tolerance" button-->Use global(Units tab)or set your own with the drop down Primary

Inventor 2012
Message 5 of 10
Paul-Mason

"Then I wondered how am I using DEFAULT(ISO) as my dimension style..????"

IF you have several Dimension styles, as I do, from "ANNOTATE "select "DIMENSION", as normal, then from "FORMAT" in lower drop down saying "BY STANDARD" select dimension style you want to use from those displayed.

Selecting different saved dimension styles.

change dim style or standard.png

NOTE that in your menu may layout will be different from that shown as I moved the format box.

Bur before you can use a personal dimension style you'll need to BOTH create and save it

If your not to sure how to Crete and save customized Dimension styles I have several customized styles, most using the (.) as the decimal instead of (,), that I can let you have to get you going then all you have to do is import them.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 10
jbelle7435
in reply to: Paul-Mason

I already created my own style and am happy with it. I fixed one bug but there will be more I run into. When you make your own style or how I did it, basically left stuff hanging out there to be fixed along the way. At least I know where to fix them and update my personel defaults....

Inventor 2012
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for solution. This really helped me

@jbelle7435wrote:

Descriptions are the hardest part for me to change???

I looked through other threads. I see a hotfix but for 2011. I have 2012...

Message 8 of 10
llopezm1507

In the main page go to Application Options

llopezm1507_0-1598332415281.png

then go to File > File Naming Defaults

llopezm1507_1-1598332601584.png

Finally select the period 🙂

llopezm1507_2-1598332708921.png

Message 9 of 10

ty

Message 10 of 10
kokoszpl
in reply to: llopezm1507

bro...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report