Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change All Dimensions On All Prints To Fractions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1075 Views, 5 Replies

Change All Dimensions On All Prints To Fractions

Ok, I have been working 4-weeks for a new customer. I Run Inventor 2011 mechanical... I have multiple iwd files that have all been done in decimals. The floor workers here want fractions to the 1/32. ??? Is there a easy way to up-date my entire list of drawings with out creating new? Is there a easy way to create a style that I can easily switch to when I draw/design for this customer. I hate fractions!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

One way could be to modify the Dimension Style that you used originally (Decimals) to be shown as Fractions in the Style Library and set the Precision to 1/32 (you have to do this in each .idw you have created). Then just create a new Drawing Template specifically for that customer with a new Dimension Style that reflects their requirements.

I am certain there is a way to create an iLogic code that will also change your dimension style, but thats well above and beyond my knowledge!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Im with you on the Ilogic.... Heck, It will take me a little bit to figure out the style standard change thing you just explaned to me...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Manage --> Styles Editor
Navigate to Dimension (left side)

Find the Dimension style you used to create the Dimensions in the drawing

Click on it and edit the Format (from Decimal to Fraction)
Precision (to 1/32)
Done

Again Im probably going about this the 'Hard way' but Ive done this a few times in my drawings and it worked out ok.  Mind you I didn't have many idw files to change.  Hopefully someone with iLogic experience (*cough* Curtis *cough*) can chime in and help you out Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Awesome... That worked great... I just created a new generic iwd with their fraction standard and settings. I saved that and I will just us it as my template when I work for them.

Thanks Again! 

Pottsy

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Glad I could help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report