Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant delete Frame Generator Member

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stevec781
4310 Views, 8 Replies

Cant delete Frame Generator Member

I have  a sick FG member but when I try and delete it I get this.

Now what??

wont delete.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

You can try the following:

1. Select a member which cannot be deleted -> right-click -> Components -> Replace All -> find another part or any dummy part. 
 2. After that, select the new part and simply delete.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 9

That might have been helpful 2 days ago, but I couldnt wait that long so I deleted the whole frame assembly and made it again.

Message 4 of 9
swhite
in reply to: stevec781

Yah, its a pain, but now you know to just find a dummy part and replace it then delete it. Sometimes the rebuild all will help, but very rarely. Also hate it when it won't let you delete end treatments on some parts.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
Detailgirl23

I keep getting the same message. I've tried replacing the part as suggested, but nothing I do works. Is there something else I haven't tried, or is this a bug that won't fix? I really don't want to have to start over every time this happens Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9

Hi,
Replace the frame with the dummy never worked for me.
Try to demote the frame to a subassy and then delete the subassy and the frame will go away.
Dan
Message 7 of 9
JimmyDoe
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Heres an idea; how about Autodesk fixes frame generator?! This would be an amazing feature in Inventor, if Autodesk would get off they're a$$ an make it work like it should!

-When a member is reused and is flipped, ANY change to the skeleton causes it to flip back to the original orientation. I know it depends on what part of the line you pick on, what determines its orientation, but instead of picking on section of line and realizing thats not it, then deleting that member, trying to pick a different section of the line, then realizing thats not correct either, why not just make it so that reused members can be reorientated and changes to the skeleton won't affect the orientation??

This tool has been around for a long time, why are there still so many bugs? I look around on this forum for when I have trouble with it and all I see are problems with it. I saw that there is a case (Case #09728018 - Frame Generator part flips unexpectedly) open about this, with Autodesk. It has been open for over a year but nothing seems to be getting done.

Message 8 of 9
eirik.valheim

Had the same problem.

Right click the member that won't delete and promote it. It will bring it up one level and it loses its reference and now you can delete it.

Message 9 of 9
tim.mulder

Frame generator issues while changing element in Inventor

This worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report