Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Content Center - Inventor 2011

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
ARCross
4900 Views, 22 Replies

Cannot find Content Center - Inventor 2011

This seems to be a perennial issue for me with each upgrade of Inventor.

Although content center is installed properly, Inventor 2011 cannot seem to find it. I get this error message:

[WARNING] Problems encountered while executing frame insert command.
[ERROR] Failed to read data from Content Center.
[ERROR] Content Center server query failed. Please check your Content Center configuration to make sure all required libraries are present or check Content Center connectivity to server.

I have checked my application option settings and my project file settings and they both point to the correct directory

I have checked the directory and the libraries are there. I have folder permissions and the UAW is turned off.

I opened an old assembly created in Inventor 2010 and was able to access the content center int that assembly. I seem to having problems in those assemblies created in 2011.

Anyone else have this problem?

Andrew

Windows 7 64 bit
Inventor 2011

PS - how do a fellow go about doing a repair install of content center without the discs?
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: lure23

Need more information on your system.

http://teknigroup.com/support/Inventor/Howto.html

Also, did you follow these steps when installing?

http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/InstallAdsk2009.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 22 of 23
lure23
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

I've called CAD-quality (the local distributor) today and waiting for their call-back.

Exactly what info have I not given? (sorry to say but the page you refer to is almost using CAPS itself - it's not clear.)

Windows 7 SP1 Home 32-bit (Finnish) 

AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2011 (with and without SP1)

No Inventor hotfixes installed (I think)

Microsoft Security Essentials (as virus checker)

Mac Mini 4GB with BootCamp

I'm running as user with administrative privileges. Have tried to keep the UAC disabled and virus checking off as Autodesk recommends, but I don't think that would be the cause.

Content Center *has* worked for me some 1-2 months ago. What's happened since - I don't know.

I spent half of yesterday uninstalling and re-installing and repairing in all possible combinations. Always, the Content Center icon under Manage > Project remains disabled.

p.s. the second page you referred to says "local dive". 😉   See, I'm good with details.  

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 23 of 23
lure23
in reply to: lure23

With the help of CAD-quality, my issue is solved.

At Tools > Add-ins, for some reason, the Content Center add-in was not being loaded. Now it is and all is back to normal.

Those settings are probably in some user configuration file that persisted over multiple uninstalls and complete reinstalls. Heh. 🙂

What Autodesk could do about this (just a suggestion) is to hint at the add-in thingy if the Configure Content Center icon in Manage > Projects is dimmed. That would have been enough to point me in the right direction.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report