Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Hub Groove!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SeanFountain
1355 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot create Hub Groove!

Please help, I originally posted this problem here, but there have been no responses, so a better title was needed.

I can't get the Involute Spline generator to function consistently for hub grooves, I really need a good general explanation of how to meet the generator's requirements every single time, it seems completly inconsistent to me.

Any help is appreciated!

Sean C. Fountain | Development Engineer
Efficient Drivetrains | efficientdrivetrains.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: SeanFountain

Sean,

I would suggest either posting some images or your actual model files here or both, in this thread.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
SeanFountain

This is the part that the hub groove will not generate on.

Another part with identical dimensions at the region of the groove will generate the hub groove every time.  This part had a hub groove until an unrelated dimension was changed, and after that point even undoing to the original dimensions we cannot convince the generator to make the hub groove.

As I stated in my other post, what we need is not for this one part to have a groove, we need to know what the generator needs in order to create a groove every time.  The tutorial is sparse, at best.

Thank you for any help you provide.

Message 4 of 7
VdVeek

Sean, I can't recreate your problem. But one thing i see in your part is you placed all your fillets and chamfers in your sketch. That's asking for trouble. First create your basic shape, revolve that and then add fillets and chamfers. 

When you delete the chamfers on the inside of the part where you place your Hub-Groove maybe your hub-groove will be placed correctly. Do you have any error messages for us?

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 5 of 7
SeanFountain

Actually the problem pre-existed the addition of the chamfers, but I will modify the model as you have suggested and give it a shot here in a minute.

The error messages are:

"Modeling: Cannot create this iFeature!"

"Modeling: Not possible to create Hub Groove!"

No other explanation or details.

We are also using Inventor 2010, so if there is simply a problem with the 2010 generator, that would be good to know.  This is the only generator that gives us problems, and it does so on a random, but quite often, basis.

Thank you for your help, even just letting us know about the sketch-chamfer potential for problems is a tremendous help.

Message 6 of 7
SeanFountain

Here it is without the sketch chamfers and such, same issue.

Message 7 of 7
SeanFountain

We have managed to test it on newer versions of Inventor Pro without issue, and so have determined it to be a version specific problem to Inventor Pro 2010.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report