Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Open DWFx Export from Inventor in Internet Explorer 11

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
763 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot Open DWFx Export from Inventor in Internet Explorer 11

All,

I am trying to export files from Inventor in the DWFx format, so that others can view them.  Have already gathered that I cannot preview these files in Windows Explorer, so am left with using Internet Explorer 11.  However, I cannot seem to get them to open in IE11.  I am getting the following dialog box pop up when trying to open them:

DWFx Not Viewable in IE11.png

I choose open, but it never actually opens the file.  I just keep coming back to the same dialog as the picture shows.  Is there a way to view these files within the context of Windows?  I don't care if I have to use IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.  I just want to view these files and previewing them in Windows Explorer, but will use whatever program I can to preview the files.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: petestrycharske

Have you tried this and then open it in Google Chrome?

Let us know how it works.

Kirk

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: petestrycharske

Try DWF Viewer, from Autodesk, it's free and designed to view and markup these files. We use it on our industrial tablets for the production floor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
petestrycharske
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

Thanks for the suggestion!  I tried applying this add-in, but the installer only gave me the option to repair or remove, so I took that to mean that I already had it installed.  Therefore, I chose to repair.  Unfortunately, I couldn't open with either Fire Fox or Chrome after the repair.  Later today I will attempt to restart my computer and see if that helps.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report