Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Log Into Vault while in Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nsulli15
455 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot Log Into Vault while in Inventor

When I get latest versions of files from Vault Explorer and then open them in Inventor, the vault status of the files in the Inventor browser shows a triangle with an exclaimation mark inside of it. When I move my mouse over the status icon, it says "vault not open". There is no response when I try to log into the Vault within Inventor.

I upgraded from 2009 to 2010 Inventor and Vault two weeks ago. Everything worked fine until today. Vault Explorer seems to be working fine. The ADMS console seems to also be working fine. I can do all the routine tasks in both programs. The problem is only in Inventor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nick
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BMiller63
in reply to: nsulli15

you might get some answers here, but here is the vault group as well:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=101
Message 3 of 5
nsulli15

The problem is fixed. I went to Tools/Add-Inns/ and right clicked in the menu. The "Show Hidden Members" appeared and I clicked it. This made "EDM Addin" visible in the list of add-ins. After loading it, I was able to log into Vault within Inventor. Everything works fine now!

Thanks for your suggestions.
Message 4 of 5
BMiller63

You're welcome, thanks for posting the solution to this issue.
Hopefully it will help someone else in the future that is having the same issue when they search and find your question.
Message 5 of 5
chrisrodway
in reply to: BMiller63

After 3 hours of searching this sloution helped me

Thanks

Chris Rodway

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report