Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel meshing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nkeeley
703 Views, 4 Replies

Cancel meshing

Why does cancelling meshing or simulation in Inventor's FEA take so long? If the meshing is taking way too long I usually assume I have a meshing error and try to cancel the process so I can correct it. However, when I try to cancel the meshing for these parts, it always takes forever to cancel. Usually I end up waiting a fewminutes then doing a hard restart of Inventor. Once I left it running overnight and it was still trying to cancel the meshing come morning. And it's not just one part, this happens everytime I try to cancel a mesh that's stalled out. Is this just something to expect? Anybody know what Inventor is trying to do before it abandons the process it's trying to complete?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sandhup
in reply to: nkeeley

I get the same issue. I hit escape and it still continues to compute the mesh, as if its hanging in a loop.

Message 3 of 5
graemev

FWIW, there's already a post in the Idea Station to have the escape key force stoppage of command execution.  This idea has already been tagged as "Accepted."

Message 4 of 5
mark.laasu

How can this still be a major issue? it has been 10 years since this post and here I am at 2022: I only have 600 000 nodes on my 2023 inventor, using my new 2022 powerful workstation and I waited nearly 20 minutes to cancel the simulation. I noticed I missed a weld right after I started the study and now, I can't do nothing for 20 minutes. Ridiculous.

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mark.laasu

Hi Mark,

Your issue may not be the same as the OP's. I suspect there is some bad geometry in your model. Please go to the assembly or part environment -> press Ctrl+F7. Scroll to the bottom to find the bad bodies.

These bad bodies can cause meshing to fail or hang depending on the badness. You will need to use Repair Bodies to fix up the badness.

Please also feel free to try Inventor NASTRAN or Fusion Simulation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report