Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you edit adsklib files directly?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mslosar
3620 Views, 4 Replies

Can you edit adsklib files directly?

it used to be that EVERYTHING was xml based so you could simply pull up a file in excel make some changes, save it, and use it in Inventor again. Adsklib files don't seem to fit that scheme. Is there a way to edit them directly? I've got a custom list of 100 or so materials that i'd like to edit some physical properties for calcs and whatnot, but i do not want to have to open the material library, then every time double click the material to open in the edit, go to the right section and find the correct value to edit. I nice long list in a spreadsheet type view would save loads of time there.

Is there any option for that or we stuck with the long/slow way?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
in reply to: mslosar

Did you solve it ? I have similar problem. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
blair
in reply to: 308449190

For XML files, it's easier just to use the Microsoft XML Notepad (free from Microsoft, just search their website).

The ADSKLIB is proprietary and there is no easy way other than through Inventor, one line at at time, unfortunately.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
F.Goncalves
in reply to: mslosar

hi! did you got any solution for this? 

I have the same problem...

Consider using "Accept as Solution" / "Kudos" if you find this helpful.
--
F.Goncalves
Message 5 of 5
mitcham_boy
in reply to: F.Goncalves

No I didn't.

Regards
Dan

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc. Registered in England No. 1885586. Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW. A list of wholly owned Atkins Group companies registered in the United Kingdom and locations around the world can be found at http://www.atkinsglobal.com/site-services/group-company-registration-details

Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report