Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't write to cable and harness library????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ccomito.rsi
1297 Views, 2 Replies

Can't write to cable and harness library????

When I try to create a custom ribbon cable I get a message that reads:

"The cable and harness library is being edited by another user or is marked as read only. The Cable and Harness Library will be opened in read-only mode. No changes can be made to the cable and harness library, but wires and cables can still be inserted into the harness assembly."

In my project file I made "use style library" to = Read-Write

I think I'm missing something but can't figure it out. 

By the way, this is a vault project.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Pro

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014

Autodesk Vault Basic 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: ccomito.rsi

I am not sure if this will solve the issue but its an area to look. Check the Harness Settings, verify the location is not set to read only, or the file is read only? Also make sure the file path has the IWL file present. See attached screen shot.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
melmo
in reply to: ccomito.rsi

Hi,

I believe I have a solution to your problem, if you haven't fixed it already.  You need to check out your cable & harness library file (e.g. Cable&HarnessDefaultLibrary.iwl), which is located in the Cable & Harness folder within your Styles folder. 

Once you check it out, you will have write access to the IWL file.  Once you have completed your modifications, check it back in and be sure to tell your colleagues to refresh their local copies; otherwise, they will not have access to your modifications.

I encountered the same isue as you and was able to fix it by checking out the IWL file.  This issue highlights one of my peeves about Vault: very often, a file is described as "Read-Only" in a dialog box when it would be more aptly described as "Not Checked Out to You".  If the latter verbiage were used, it would be more clear what corrective action is required.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report