Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use inventor 2015.

91 REPLIES 91
SOLVED
Message 1 of 92
kasnorma
13252 Views, 91 Replies

Can't use inventor 2015.

I freshly installed inventor 2015 and it start up to a blank white screen and unable to click on anything.

I have attempted repaire/reinstall and complete uninstall and reinstall.

System specs are as follows:

Dell percision M6800

CPU: Intel I7-4700MQ

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX

SSd: Msata 500GB Samsung EVO 840 (Autodesk products and windows installed here)

Hdd: 2 x 1 TB 7200rpm

GPU: Quadro K3100M (latest driver installed)

91 REPLIES 91
Message 21 of 92
ITandCADguy
in reply to: kjones

I am using Nortin Internet Security and Product Design Suite Ultimate.

Disabling Norton itself did not allow Inventor to start, but now I only have to kill the aforementioned process once rather than twice.

Message 22 of 92
AlexErman
in reply to: ITandCADguy

Hello all,

I had the same issue ( blocked home screen on Inventor 2015 ) on two HP notebooks and tracked the problem to a  DpAgent.exe process. When I kill the process in Task Manager, Home screen works like it should.

Best regards,

Alex

Message 23 of 92
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: AlexErman

Thanks for confirming Alex,

We're already investigating conflicts between the finger print software (DPAgent.exe) & MyHome based on some internal testing, so this confirms that we're looking along the right lines. Hopefully a fix won't be too far away.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 24 of 92
AlexErman
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hello Chris,

finger print software is a part of HP ProtectTools, but is not a source of the problem. I took another look and tracked it to HP Password Manager in HP ProtectTools. It can store password for applications,... and it adds a control for accessing them on the app. I guess it tries to add a control on Inventor Home window and it fails.

HP_Protect_Tools.png

Anyway, if you disable the Password Manager in HP ProtectTools, home screen on Inventor should work... at least it did for me. It's not a solution, but workaround if you need a home screen.

Best regards,

Alex

Message 25 of 92
Jags55

Hi Chris,

I have a trial copy of INventor 2015 and have had white screen problem.

I have just downloaded and installed Upgrade No2, which I presumed would fix the problem. Not so lucky!

I now end uo with a white screen with links to Autodesk University only. Slight progress but still not successful.

I have also set "Showmy HomeBase on Startup" to "0" and also the "ShowWelcomeScreen" to "0" as well, and changred them back again several times.

INventor did open successfully once while downloading/installing Upgrade 2, but had to close it to complete the installation, since then no-go!

I have attached a screen capture below.

I would be please to receive your further advice, particularly if I am doing something wrong, as the 30 days trial is running away daily without actually getting into Inventor.

Regards,

James Stewart.

Message 26 of 92
Lancasterm
in reply to: Jags55

James

Did you say you edit the registry and change “ShowHomeBaseonStartup" to 0 under this key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File]?

Also do you have an Inventor part file?   Not sure if you ever got in and created a part.  If you did, double click on that part in Windows Explorer.   Does Inventor 2015 launch okay?

Message 27 of 92
Jags55
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hi Lancasterm,

Thanks for you post.

Yes, I have edited the registry and changed “ShowHomeBaseonStartup" to 0 under this key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Regi

stryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File].

No, I haven't been able to create an Inventor part file.  Are there any samples within Inventor. I have looked in Explorer and found some models under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Accelerator\models which opened in Inventor View, which allowed me to view from many angles.

Could you attach a sample Part file so that I can try this?

I have just now tried to open Inventor Professional 2015 with Inventor View running. It wanted to terminate Inventor View, but I clicked No, thinking that might help Inventor to start. Still get same screen. When I clicked yes, same result.

Other programmes such as DWG TrueView works, as does Design Review, Recap, etc, that came with Inventor.

Regards,

James.

Message 28 of 92
johnsonshiue

Hi! Was there Inventor session running when you apply Update 2 to Inventor R2015? If yes, it is possible the Update was not installed properly. What is the behavior you are seeing right? Can Inventor start at all?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 29 of 92
Mark.Lancaster

James

Place the attached file somewhere and then double click on it in Windows Exp to launch Inventor 2015.   Let me know if that opens Inventor without any issues.   If it does, select Tools, Application Options, General Tab and make sure Show My Home Screen on Startup is unchecked.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 30 of 92
kmtang002

I cannot find File tab under Preferences after running the Regedit in Command prompt. I've already fully installed the Inventor 2015 on my Windows 8.1 laptop, but it was never able to launch at all even though the Inventor 2015 icon is there on my desktop. I've also turned off the McAfee Firewall. Pls advise. Thank you

Message 31 of 92
Jags55
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Part File. Unfortunately it was not successful. It firstly opened in Inventor View by default. I then found I could select which program would open it, so selected Inventor 2015. Inventor then launched but still stopped at white page with links to "AU" as previously posted above. Iwill now try suggestions in other posts.

Thanks again,

Regards,

James.

Message 32 of 92
ChrisMitchell01

James,

Looking at the screenshot you posted in that word doc, this sdoesn't seem to be the same issue with MyHome that others have been struggling with. Did you try right clicking the Inventor icon & using Run as administrator ?

Another thing to try are the manual dll registration instructions seen at the end of http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Hope this helps

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 33 of 92

Dear Chris,

It works on my Inventor 2015, thanks!

"If/when you see that white screen, on startup, you can go to Task Manager & kill the 2 processes called AdCefWebBrowser.exe *32. After that Inventor should be Ok again for that session. To prevent this from recurring, go to Tools App Options, General tab & uncheck, "Show My Home on Startup", (as you've discovered)".

Best Regards,

Haisin Rusli

PT WCS

Indonesia

Haisin Rusli
Sales Engineer - PT Wahana Cipta Sinatria
Silver Partner - Autodesk Partner Manufacturing
Surabaya
Message 34 of 92

stephen.musitano wrote:

I believe it must be an IE / proxy setting somewhere, but cant track it. What is AdCefBrowser.exe actually doing when starting up inventor, what is it looking for or trying to access that when running 'as admin' is OK, but as a user it stalls Inventor.

Yes, I have seen behaviour with this in the last 24 hours which supports this. The site i'm on at the moment has the white screen issue. If I Run As Admin it works, so I turn off Start My Home on Startup. However, the next time Inventor starts, it's been reset again. So the problem isn't solved.

When I kill the 2nd of the two AdCefBrowser.exe processes, the following message is displayed:

Inventor err.png

After clicking OK, the white screen remains, but Inventor becomes responsive.

After installing Update2 and INV19022 Hotfix for Update 2 on the PC yesterday, the above dialog appeared each time I launched Inventor 2015.

After installing them today on a Laptop with UAC turned on, it made no difference. So since UAC is turned on, I can only assume Inventor 2015 was installed in the first place with UAC turned on.

Setting the ShowHomeBaseOnStartup stopped it from turning back on each time Inventor was launched. So with that done. This particular machine is 'fixed'...

FYI, this particular machien today was running AVG, which I have since uninstalled and left him with MSE instead.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 35 of 92
Jonka45
in reply to: scottmoyse

Dont know if this is related but I had the white home screen and slow response times on a multiuser computer and did the method 2 in this:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inv...

Home page is now back and working and inventor has sped up considerably!!

Hope it helps 🙂 

Inventor 2022 Proffesional
Alienware Aurora R8
Windows 10 pro
Inside Leg 35 inch
Message 36 of 92

Chris - Is there a way to turn the Startup screen off when you do a deployment of Inventor 2015. I have 1000+ users and I really don't want to fix this 1000 times. If I can kill it in the deployment or in the HKLM it would help a lot.

Message 37 of 92
scottmoyse
in reply to: davegratto

@davegratto wrote:

Chris - Is there a way to turn the Startup screen off when you do a deployment of Inventor 2015. I have 1000+ users and I really don't want to fix this 1000 times. If I can kill it in the deployment or in the HKLM it would help a lot.

You can specify and Application Options XML in the deployment. The setting is part of the Application Options. I've never tried it, and only just thought of it, but I wonder if the Application Options xml is still treated as valid if it only contains certain settings but not all of them. User specific settings like color etc... often vary.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 38 of 92
cmbronder

Hi,

Scott's recommendation to use an Applications Options XML in the deployment is the way to go.

Regarding his question "if the Application Options xml is still treated as valid if it only contains certain settings but not all of them", the answer is yes.

If a particular setting is not found when importing the XML, the default value is used. Inventor proceeds to read and use the settings that are in the XML.

FYI,

Clare

Message 39 of 92
davegratto

Thanks for the reply. You were correct. I exported the setting from my Application Options and then went back and updated my Admin Image and used the XML file in lieu of taking the defualt on the Application Options and it work great. Thanks again.

Message 40 of 92
cmbronder
in reply to: davegratto

Glad to hear it, Dave.

Was Inventor hanging for you when showing My Home on Inventor startup, or did you have other symptoms?

Thank  you,

Clare

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report