Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my tool bars

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
NRGWS
773 Views, 15 Replies

Can't see my tool bars

I'm running Design Suite Ultimate 2012, windows 7 64bit, I can launch IV 2012, but I can't seem to see my tool bars...

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: NRGWS

Were you ever able to see the Ribbon?

Did you install 2012 correctly?  See: http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

Need system specs: http://teknigroup.com/support/Inventor/Howto.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 16
NRGWS

Yes, it had been working fine up until today
Message 4 of 16
NRGWS

I would post system specs, but I can't see the button that allows me to view that, lol
Message 5 of 16
NRGWS

Any ideas would be great, I am dead in the water as far a working until I get this fixed. I'm running:

Wndows 7, 64bit, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, latest service pack

IV 2012 Design Suite Ultimate, (no service packs, or at least non that I'm aware of)

ATI card: Radeon HD 4850

16 GB RAM

again, this was working fine just 2 days ago, but all of a sudden my tool bars are gone and I can see through to the desk top

Message 6 of 16
NRGWS
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

okay, double checked Dennis's "install 2012 correctly", everything was good and I reinstalled IV 2012 again anyways, but still no joy on seeing the Ribbon. I however opened eacha nd every program or utility contained within the Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012 and Inventor is the only one giving me "graphical" issues..... I really don't have any idea what else I can do. My updated are updated, my graphics drivers are current, I did a reinstall..... at this point it seems very depressing, lol

Message 7 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

What antivirus are you using?

Possibility that your graphics are not up to par.  What graphics card and driver version do you have on your system?

Chances are that you still have a bad install. You might have to do a Clean uninstall of Inventor only. To do a complete uninstall, go to Program Files/Autodesk/Inventor 2012/Uninstall Tools/ InvCleanup.exe

Reboot the system, make sure that all antivirus services are turned off,  Defender disabled, have administrator rights, set UAC to lowest setting before reinstalling Inventor.

(these recommendations are all in the original link I provided. Follow all of them to the letter.)

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 8 of 16
NRGWS

not running any antivirus, defender is turned off. UAC is set to the lowest setting and I'm logged in as admin. The graphics card is a ATI Radeon 4850, with the current driver (EFI Driver Version: 01.00.383) from ATI.

I did 2 uninstalls of IV, but I did not use the "clean" .exe you just mentioned, I'll give that a shot... should I do a clean uninstall of the entire Production suite?

Message 9 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

I'm running ATI 4850's in my classroom. If I make it into the office this weekend, I'll report back with the version I'm using.

You might try uninstalling the ATI driver completely, then reboot and reinstall with the same install settings I recommended.

If Inventor is the only program giving you fits, then just do the clean uninstall on Inventor.

Was this install from the USB media or from a download?

Message 10 of 16
NRGWS

usb media... this whole thing is just very weird, because up until 2 days ago, I wasn't having any issues with this..????

Message 11 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

Thre were a number of Windows updates recently.

Message 12 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey

Where are you located?

Send me an email with a contact phone number, and I'll give you a call.

djeffrey@teknigroup.com

Message 13 of 16
NRGWS

Does anyone have an idea about this, becasue I have not been able to use my inventor since this happened almost 4 weeks ago and now I basically have a $6000 piece of software that I can not use?

Again, just to clarify, all the other software in the bundle works fine, but inside Inventor 2012 I can not see my tool bar, that area of the program is just "gone" and I can see the desk top through that portion. I have tried to repair the install, no joy.

I have reinstalled over the top of the IV, no joy.

I have deleted the application and reinstalled, no joy.

I have downloaded the most current version of my graphics driver, as well as reinstalled the version it had when the IV was running correctly... no joy.

None of this makes sence..????? I am really stuck and could really use some help, I'm willing to do a Go To Meeting if someone has that. My VAR has been no help and has no idea other than trying to un-install and re-install, at this point I need a real solution.

Message 14 of 16
NRGWS

Here's what I am seeing

Message 15 of 16
NRGWS

Okay problem solved..... The last screen shoot I posted I noticed that there was another "screen" running, it was a program I installed called "Air Display" it works with your ipad allowing it to act as another display. Anyways, I got to thinking that the program might be causing some issue display issues, so I uninstalled it and of course Inventor now works.

Moral of this story, don't use Air Display!

Message 16 of 16
sbauman67

Ok guys I have a little issue. Just built a new rig, see spec below:

Performance graphics issue.jpg

And installed Inventor 2012 on a vanallia install. Iinstalled the OS, Win 7 64bit, updated windows, instaled motherborad and video drviers, then installed inventor 2012, installed sp1 for inventor 2012 64bit.

The issue is the toolbar ribbon is missing on the graphics? See below

Autodesk Inventor 2012-toolbar ribbon missing.png

Any ideas? Thanks

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report