Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open stp or jt files

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2470 Views, 7 Replies

Can't open stp or jt files

Hello,

I work for a John Deere supplier, and we recieve models through ftp. Something happened, and I am no longer able to open these files. (See attachments). We switched over to a server over the weekend, and Monday I was not able to open the stp or jt files. Inventor is installed on my PC only, so I am not sure if that could make a difference or not. I uninstalled and then installed it and the problem still exists. Can a professional help me, and maybe do an online remote session?

Thank you,

Gage

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Screen shot of add-ins manager.

Where are your templates.
What is the path in your Project (or Vault?) to templates?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

An error came up while trying to get the add-ins. (See attachment)

I basically upload the files and store them in my autocad folder or inventor folder, and open them from there and it pulls up inventor my default. Does that kind of answer your question?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Can someone please help me to get this issue resolved?

Thank you,

Gage

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

What steps are you using that returns that error (almost looks like a Windows OS error rather than Inventor)?

Translators.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

When I go the route of your screenshot, nothing shows up. Attached is the route that I used.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

This problem has come up here several times since 2012 was released - but I don't recall what the solution was.

But standards checks are:

1. Was Inventor installed with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

2. Are all Service Packs and Hot Fixes (Updates) installed?

3. When installed was correct Windows Permissions active.

4. Are correct Windows Permissions now active.

5. Seems to me there was some Windows Update involve too, but I'm foggy on this.

6. What is the path to the Inventor Templates and does the current Project point to that path.

Might have been some other things involved, but I would have to do a lengthy search to track them all down.

I seem to vagely recall one other trick having to do with IE browser.
When opeing set to not create a Report, but since you aren't even seeing the translators.....

Message 8 of 8
drew.ward

I had the same problem after switching to a domain server. When opening Inventor, right click on the shortcut and click "run as administrator".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report