Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make the fillet go through...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Thorped01
670 Views, 5 Replies

Can't make the fillet go through...

Hi! I have a weird problem, I getting an error when I try to make a fillet at one part and I have exactly the same part open in another tab and there can I make the fillet without getting errors. Or the parts are almost the same, the difference is a hole in the begining, which in the first part is made with Hole and in the other with Extrude. 

Bromok.jpgBromok.jpg

For you guys who are observant and have noted that it is a chamfer at the top of the first one and also an angle to the right, it doesn't matter, same problem still exist. So how to make the fillet? I can't use the second part.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Thorped01
in reply to: Thorped01

I can of course do a Sweep and then Trim the extra parts, but that's not the same...
Message 3 of 6
Thorped01

I've solve the problem...

The first part with the fillet that work had the 5 latest Extrudes in different order then the other part. I still don't understand why this would matter but it did.  

In the part where the fillet did go through the Extrudes where in following order:

Alt2.jpg

And in the other part where the fillet didn't go through the Extrudes where in this order:

Alt1.jpg

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

1. Do a Manage>Rebuild All on both parts.

2. Roll up the EOPs and attach here.

Find the red End of Part marker in the browser.
(End of Folded on sheet metal parts EOF)
Drag the red EOP to the top of the browser hiding all features.

Save the file with the EOP in a rolled up state.

Right click on the file name and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
Thorped01
in reply to: JDMather

Where should I attach the EOP's? Or do you mean that I should place på EOP's in the top of each brower and then attach the files here in the thread, as zip?
Message 6 of 6
JDMather

This is what I meant:

1. Find the red End of Part marker in the Inventor feature browser.

2. Drag the red EOP to the top of the feature tree hiding all features in the graphics window.

3. Save the Inventor ipt file with the EOP in a rolled up state.

4. Right click on the file name in Windows Explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

5. Attach the resulting *.zip file here by replying to this thread and click Browse in the Attachments box.

If you still have trouble attaching files, I can post screen shots of the entire process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report