Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make an iPart

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
683 Views, 4 Replies

Can't make an iPart

I am trying to make an iPart of a pvc reducer, but when I click "ok" on the create iPart dialog, it says. "failed to create desel table". Attached are some pictures.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens if you get rid of the "in" units in the d18 equation?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you do the following two tests to see if Excel is hooked up correctly?

Test1: Start a new empty assembly -> save -> go to Manage -> Create iAssembly ->OK.

Test2: Start a new part -> go to Insert -> Insert Object -> Create New -> select Excel spreadsheet ->OK.

If both tests work, it will be a new issue I have never heard of. I will need to look into it. If both tests fail, please look at the information in the below link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hmm, I don't have Excel on the computer I'm working on. Do I need it?

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Indeed, to create an iPart, iAssembly, or iFeature, you do need Excel installed on the same machine. The desel table referenced in the error message is a customized Excel spreadsheet table stored in an Inventor file.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report