Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get extrude dialog box back on-screen without second monitor attached

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
QuasiMojo
2360 Views, 6 Replies

Can't get extrude dialog box back on-screen without second monitor attached

Normally I use two monitors, but I'm travelling.  Because I last placed the extrude box on my other monitor I can no longer get access to it on the only screen I have left.  Normally, as with any window, you could hit Alt+Space and M but....the blasted mini-toolbar takes focus first!!  It seems that all the other menus don't have this, only extrude.  Is there any way to reset menus when disconnecting?  There really should be. I'd say that the program ought to know that there is only one monitor connected and respond accordingly.

W7-64, all up to date

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: QuasiMojo

The mini toolbar is a pain as far as I am concerned.

There is a registry setting for the position of these things... I will see if I can dig it up For you.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 7
4donwan4

Take a look at this.

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/missing-dialog-box.html and / or

http://www.youtube.com/user/JustinHoey#p/u/4/rRP9sWpFYBM and / or

AT You Own Risk

registry is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersionxx.0\DockingAreas

Regards,

Don

Message 4 of 7
Hill685
in reply to: 4donwan4

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  I have repositioned all of my dialog boxes except for the extrude dialog box.  Do you have any suggestions?

Message 5 of 7
graeme.robinson
in reply to: Hill685

ALT+SPACE+M

then use cursor keys to move box onto screen

Message 6 of 7
nstalker
in reply to: 4donwan4

you are a lifesaver!  I pinned this for future reference.  And yes, I am admitting to having a Pinterest account. Robot Happy

Message 7 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

Per QuasiMojo original posting, the solution to the problem is:

1. Exit Inventor
  2. Launch regedit. Edit the registry at your own risk/back up the registry prior to editing it.
  3. Navigate to this key: “Hkey_Current_User\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion<  >\System\Preferences\Dialog\dm2d7b”
  4. Change its value to: 1930,90,2266,382,1,0,0
  5. Exit the registry and launch Inventor.   The extrude dialog should now appear in the upper left hand corner of Inventor.

Another method is to use the Inventor reset utility: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report