Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit section view properties

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
1237 Views, 2 Replies

Can't edit section view properties

In my idw, when I right-click on my section view line (or the section view itself), I want to change the section depth from full to some distance.  Problem is there is not a "Edit Section Properties" in the context menu. 

There are other section views on this sheet and they will display "Edit Section Properties" in the context menu.

Any clues as to why I dont get a context menu on just this one section view?  I could delete the view and redimension everything, but I had rather not.... Its got several dims on it.

Cant post the file either... its pretty large.?The idw itself is 16mb, not counting all the parts/assemblies.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.anderson
in reply to: karthur1

I can force a similar situation to occur of Defer Update is enabled in the idw, but this also has other more obvious hints that there is something preventing the section from being modified.

If you move/reposition the Section line sketch, does the view update? Does this change the behavior?

To properly diagnose, I'd really need a Pack & go of the idw. I can create a Support case for that if you'd prefer.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: dave.anderson

Moving the section line did not change the behavior and the view would update just fine. The defer updates was not active either.  I ended up just deleting the view and recreating the section.  Works fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report