Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't boot Inventor Pro 2011, automatically brings up error report message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Chris22107
288 Views, 2 Replies

Can't boot Inventor Pro 2011, automatically brings up error report message

I've went through the specs of the program, I have an approved video card, a little over 2gb of ram, Vista 32bit, yet it still doesn't work. The installation worked fine. I got the student version by the way. But once I click the icon on my desktop it waits for a few seconds, and then just gives me an error report form. It doesn't even pull up the home screen loader. This is frustrating. The only thing that I noticed is that the minimum screen resolution was 1200 by 1024 or something like that. I tried changing my resolution to that, but still got the same error report. Any ideas? 

Edit: I've read around and have seen that I should have had my anitvirus/firewall off during the installation? Is this what's causing the problem? I do have to "right click as administrator" in order to start the program up to get the error message.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Chris22107

Both A/V disabled and your UAC turned off/disabled as wellas being logged in as Administrator. Your installation will run through and complete.

Best bet, would be to un-install IV, reboot under "Administrator" with A/V disabled and UAC turned off as required in the installation instructions.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Chris22107
in reply to: Chris22107

^Didn't work. I reinstalled and still get the same problems. I only have 2gb of ram, And the program requires 2 gigs to run... so I'm going to install 2 gb more ram and see if that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report