Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Check into Vault 2013 from Inventor 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DeerSpotter
1581 Views, 5 Replies

Can't Check into Vault 2013 from Inventor 2013

Your files could not be added to the vault for the following reasons:

[ERROR] The following files cannot be resolved.  You must first resolve these files before they can be added:

[super long list of parts and assemblies]

how can i resolve this? I already opened and re-saved as custom names and still no resolving happening. I also checked file open options "skip unresolved items"

i don't know what i am missing here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: DeerSpotter

Unresolved means that your assembly cannot find the part files that are referenced in it.  Either they don't exist anymore, or are outside of your current project, or have possibly been renamed since they were placed in the assembly.  Vault will not allow an assembly to be checked in with unresolved parts.

To resolve, right click on the assembly parent level in your model tree.  One of your options should be "Resolve Files" (or words to that effect).  Inventor will then attempt to find the files, and should prompt you one at a time when it cannot find them.  The prompt should include the name and location of the original file that was referenced in the assembly (what it is looking for).  If the file has been moved or renamed, you just need to point it to the new "replacement" file.  If the file is no longer there at all.... that's a bit more problematic.

I run into this a lot with assemblies built before Content Center, where the original iparts have been archived or worse.... deleted.  In those cases, I let the assembly open in an unresolved state, then for each instance that is unresolved (you'll see a question mark by it in the model tree), I "Replace From Content Center".  You could also Replace from your hard drive or a shared drive.  Constraints will most likely fail in that event, but at least your assembly will be resolved so that you can repair it.

What caused this could be any number of things, it's hard to offer a specific solution without knowing the history of your assembly or your part library configuration.

Message 3 of 6

One of our  Vault users just got this issue trying to check in IPT file with "Derived component" element with suppressed (not broken) link to file that is not present at users working folder.

Help says:

"Increased Check-in Efficiency

In response to major requests from users in previous releases, new check-in settings will allow the user to scan the current project or model folder for related documentation including idw, dwg, and ipn files.

This was viewed as a major productivity enhancement for users who do not regularly check in their design documentation as they create it.

In addition to associated files, the new release will also allow users to check in assemblies with components not loaded into memory. Users are now seamlessly able to add assemblies with suppressed parts or alternate levels of detail."

here - http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-19C11B6E-C830-409F-87D6-F2C4990472B9

Thus situation supposed to be ordinar for Vault since 2014 (we use 2014 SR1 SP1).

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 6

Dear "m.teleguz1" was the issue solved for you?
Message 5 of 6

I no longer work at the company that used vault when i was there. I have not revisited vaullt with this problem yet, But thank you for the reply & Solution. But sadly i cant test the solution to be sure. 

Thank you!

Maxim Teleguz

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report