Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone run this through stress analysis for me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Econdron
362 Views, 5 Replies

Can someone run this through stress analysis for me?

This will be a stand for a 2,000 pound fish tank. I don't have inventor professional so I was hoping someone could run this through with a 2,000 pound force and let me know the details of the testing. It's a REQUIREMENT that the front and sides remain open as they are right now.

I'm mainly looking for the factor of safety at the corner joints and the amount of deflection in that front tube. 

I'm not sure what exactly you need in order to run the test, hopefully just the .STP file or the .IPT and not all the individual components? I also didn't put the weldment at all the joints, does Inventor recognize welds in the stress analysis?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bestmedia13
in reply to: Econdron

if you complete all the welds in the assembly i can run it in ansys for you.

you can give it in Inventor or stp file.

the assembly you have given now doesnt have any parts in it. so you need to make a "pack and go" or a step file.

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
Econdron

Hm... So how can I get this assembly on here? It won't let me upload .stp files. 

Message 5 of 6
bestmedia13

see PM

mayby you can upload ZIP of RAR file ( dont know what you can upload on this site)

Message 6 of 6
CCarreiras

Open the assembly and select: Save as --- Pack and go--- Zip the new folder and send it
CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report