I have some Inventor drawing files that a client wants in an AutoCAD 2007 format. Ever time I try to convert the .idw to an autocad .dwg I get this message, "Problems encountered while saving the document." So far this is what I've tried:
1. Save copy as -> Save as type: AutoCAD DWG files (*.dwg) -> error message
2. Export to DWG -> Save as type: AutoCAD DWG files (*.dwg) -> error message
I am able to save as an Inventor DWG but I need it as an AutoCAD DWG... I think. I read somewhere that Autocad 2007 won't read the DWG unless its in an AutoCAD DWG format.
I am running Inventor 2014 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I also tried this method
1) Press [Windows] key to open the Windows' start page
2) Type "cmd" to find "Command Prompt" > right mouse click on it
> select "Run as administrator"
3) On "Administrator: Command Proompt" window, type
cd "c:\program files\autodesk\Inventor 2014\bin"
4) Wait for 1 min (inventor will be executed background then exit silently)
Which did not work for me
Use the export to DWG, change save as type to "autocad dwg" then click options and change to 2007 dwg. it should now work.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register