Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I fix hose length?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TNTall
681 Views, 8 Replies

Can I fix hose length?

Hello,

After creating a hose it adapts its length to the position I put the assembly in. Is there a way to fix the hose length in a run so that it will not shorten or lengthen according to the position of my assembly?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TNTall
in reply to: TNTall

Bump

Message 3 of 9
mcgyvr

How did you create this hose? (ie..sweeps,etc.. or via the pipe/tube module)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 9
TNTall
in reply to: mcgyvr

I created it using Tube & Pipe. The program generated a sweep for the flexible hose.

Message 5 of 9
TNTall

Bump

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr

You won't like it but http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0733-Design_O733/0735-AutoLimi73...

I tried it along time ago with cable/harness files and while it worked you aren't alerted of the over/under limit condition unless you are actually editing the harness or tube run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 9
TNTall

It looks like that will only alert me if something changes but will not prevent it from changing.

GB

Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr

@TNTall wrote:

It looks like that will only alert me if something changes but will not prevent it from changing.

GB

Correct.. part of why I said you won't like it.. But its really your only option.

Message 9 of 9
TNTall

Does the same apply to the hose fittings? They swivel around when I actuate my assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report