Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cadence and Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KevinPinks7697
704 Views, 1 Reply

Cadence and Inventor

Our printed circuit board team has just started to use Cadence Allegro and I was wondering if it will work with Inventor 2013 very well. Can I import 3D PCB files from Allegro?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Check out the information on the Autodesk Inventor help wiki mess.. search "IDF translator"

And in your allegro help about IDF export..

I looked into it 5-6 years ago and it just didn't work out for me. But I wasn't using a "top dollar" PCB program like you are which I would expect handles it much better..

I saw a mentor graphics demo with IDF import/export using Solidworks and it was amazing.. Then I tried the same in Inventor and it was just a let down. But again that was years ago.. But I have a feeling that nothing has changed in Inventor as far as that is concerned.. I don't remember seeing anything in the past 5 years in the "Whats new" stuff about it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report