Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY AND PASTE PARTS AND CONTRAINTS?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EVAPDRY
293 Views, 3 Replies

COPY AND PASTE PARTS AND CONTRAINTS?

Is it possible to either copy and paste or insert parts along with constraints. There many gasket connects that we use that are have a clamp that will always be in the same places in relationship that it adds a lot of time to a design to contrain it all. I dont just want to insert an assembly and that would cause problems on the BOM list. (clamps made up of many sub parts that I don't want to show up in the BOM and don't want both to show up as one part.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: EVAPDRY

Hi njseckora,

If you do put those parts in a subassembly, you can then set the subassembly to have a Phantom BOM structure so that it does not show in the BOM, only the parts within it will be listed. I think that is your best bet.

Edit the subassembly and go to the Tools tab > Document Settings button > Bill Of Materials tab and set the Default BOM Structure to Phantom.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-A0A95805-CBF6-4524-8314-4AC8B53C19CF

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Starting with Inv 2014.. constraints are maintained between a group of parts that are copied/pasted too..

A phantom sub is a great way to accomplish that too..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
MikhailovAndrey
in reply to: EVAPDRY

Try out Inventor 2014

Mikhailov Andrey
Mechanical & Electronics engineer
Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report