Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTROL VIEW SCALE ACCORDING TO PART SIZE

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SPANGDAHLEM
374 Views, 1 Reply

CONTROL VIEW SCALE ACCORDING TO PART SIZE

Good Morning

inventor 2013 sp1

i want to control the scales of my idw views based on the parts size.

Heres a short intro to what we do, using design assistant we copy an existing project to a new project folder and start designing using the old project as a "template" for the new job.

So, lets say the project i just copied has a part that is 100" "tall", on my drawing sheet the view scale is set to .05 and the view fits nicely on our 8 1/2x11 portrait layout.

Now, the new project's part is only 24" "tall" and using a scale of .05 is no good at all, i need to scale the view up so it will fit nicely in the same layout. This also applies to the associated detail and section views that are on the same sheet.

OK then, Im thinking there should be a way to say if dimx is >=100 then view scale is x and so on if the part is smaller and i would like to do this with the details/sections.

As the pics show, when i change to a smaller size/dia, the views scale needs to be increased. How can this be done....hummmm. (we do not use vault)BIG PART.JPGBIG PART.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SPANGDAHLEM
in reply to: SPANGDAHLEM

UPDATE - POSSIBLE FIX FOUND - WORKS IN INV 2013 SP1xx

Smiley HappyJUST TODAY I MAY HAVE FOUND A FIX......IM SHARING THIS FROM AUTODESK EXCHANGE, HERES THE LINK

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aiviews%3a...

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aiviews%3a...

THIS CREATES SOMETHING SIMILAR TO A AUTOCAD VIEWPORT. YOU CREATE THIS BOX, AS MANY AS YOU NEED, AROUND YOUR EXISTING VIEW AND THEN WHEN YOU CHANGE THE SCALE OF THE PART IT FILLS THE "VIEWPORT" WITH YOUR VIEW. FROM WHAT I CAN SEE SO FAR IS IF YOU DO THIS THE VIEWS REALLY WONT HAVE A TRUE SCALE FACTOR WHICH IS FINE FOR US.

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report