Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIS/2 File Export From Inventor...Again?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeanchile
1005 Views, 4 Replies

CIS/2 File Export From Inventor...Again?

Hello all,

I have a frame that we have designed and detailed using Inventor and Frame Generator. The steel fabricator is asking for a CIS/2 model file to use with their Fabrication/Management software. I have done a search of this forum and found two posts asking about this format (from 2004 & 2009) but neither have any responses.

It does not appear that IV will export this information natively so I am looking for some kind of work-flow to get them this information using AD products. Any suggestions? Anyone ever done this? Any resellers out there familiar with a product/translator?

Thanks for the help.

Inventor Professional
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

For more information on the file type and it's uses see this.

Thanks again!

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 5
jeanchile

Nothing huh?

I was looking around for an AutoDesk Steel Detailing forum but there doesn't appear to be one. I thought maybe there would be a way to go from IV to Steel Detailing out to CIS/2 or something.

This is now the third thread on this forum about this export option with no responses. I guess the fact that there are only three should be a clue about its possibility. Doesn't seem like many people here get asked for that type. It's the adopted file format for the majority of steel fabrication software and the American Institute of Steel Construction.

Any change AutoDesk can chime in here and sell me some more of their software or something?

Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 5
Martin_Goodland

The autodesk structural detailing forum is hidden under the additional products option on the forum list
Inventor 2023
Message 5 of 5
jeanchile
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Thank you. I didn't notice it in there the last time I looked through. I will try over there.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report