Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT DELETE or adjust BREAK after changing view orientation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mark_Wigan
374 Views, 1 Reply

CANNOT DELETE or adjust BREAK after changing view orientation

i don't recall this happening in the past or if this is a bug but i found a challenge while detailing today, as below:

it became apparent that my main drawing view was a bit skewed, so naturally i adjusted the view orientation via:   'edit view' > 'change view orientation'

however...

i actually had a 'break' applied to that view from much earlier on, and did not notice right away that some aspects of this break, & the ability to edit or delete this break was no longer possible after i had adjusted the view orientation.

i tested this on a different view & the same thing happens repeatedly.

if, while detailing you are aware of this issue, & you notice at the time, then you can undo the orientation edit and then delete the break before adjusting the view. ie sorted easily, however if it goes unnoticed then sadly it seems like the view needs to be deleted and done again from scratch.

note - the ability to change the view orientaion at a later time is no longer available after falling into this trap. also no further breaks can be assigned to the view after this occurs. it seems like the view is "locked" somehow to help inventor manage this situation.

also interesting to note is that any dimensions that span the original 'break' still reflect the correct length, but the dimensions do not show a joggle as usually seen when spanning a break. same applies to new dimensions that are applied to the view, and span the gap.

it would be nice if there was a warning like "inventor will delete any view breaks prior to changing the view orientation" or something like this to help minimise the chances of falling into this kind of trap.

anyone else seen this?

inv pro 2014, build 222 for sp1 on 64bit

thanks.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Can you able to send me the corresponding model and drawing file and provide me the steps to test. I will let you know once I test your dataset.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report