Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in Inventor 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
toonsol
822 Views, 8 Replies

Bugs in Inventor 2015

How can tell me where to report bugs I find in Inventor. Just installed 2015 and finding some small things that don't work correct.

Toon

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JoyceZhou
in reply to: toonsol

Could you describe the issue in the post? Or you could send it to me directly: jinghua.zhou@autodesk.com. Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 3 of 9
toonsol
in reply to: JoyceZhou

Hello,

I'm talking about small things:

In IDW: I don't want to use "edit demension when created" and disable this after putting in my first dimension but every time I start Inventor it is on again. Same when I disable it in App Options.

In AIM: when using contraint, after picking one item and you want to select the second one you could hover the mouse over an area and after a few seconds you would get a choice which item you wantet to pick (1. Face normal, 2. aksis .......)

I wil make a list and post it here.

Toon

Message 4 of 9
JoyceZhou

Hi, As to the IDW issue: the "edit demension when created" option in App Options only work in Sketch environment. And the "edit demension when created" setting in Edit Dimension dialog in IDW can't be kept after Inventor restart. if you want the setting in Edit Dimension to be kept after restart Inventor, could you check Inventor Idea Station for the suggestion? if there is no such suggestion, please feel free to add it and add the link back to this page to ask vote. As to the IAM issue, i think you are talking about Select other list. could you describe what you expect to see? Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 5 of 9
toonsol

Hi,

In 2014 was it possible to turn off the "edit dimensions when created" and keep it turned off. 

I'm not talking about sketch enviroment but while I'm putting dims on my 2D drawing in IDW.

Just tried it in IV14, I can put dimensions on the drawing without the dialogbox. In app options, drawing the option "edit dim when created" is not checked.

IAM: What I expect is the same as before in 2014, you get a small window and you can scroll through the available options. See attachment.

Toon

Message 6 of 9
JoyceZhou

I have compared the App Option for the "edit dimensions when created" between 2014 and 2015, there is a difference for the setting in Sketch tab. please take a look at the attached image. After i turn the "edit dimensions when created" off in Drawing tab, then i don't need to edit it when put dims In IDW. After i turn the "edit dimensions when created" off in Sketch tab->Constraint settings, then i don't need to edit it when put dims on Sketch In IDW. I thought the "2D drawing" you mentioned are sketch in drawing. seems i misunderstood you. As to IAM->Select other, i could see the same behavior in 2015 as in 2014. The time to show the "Select Other" could be controlled by the time in App option=->General tab->Selection-> "Select Other" delay(sec). Please let me know if you see different behavior. Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 7 of 9
JoyceZhou

add the attachment for the App Option setting "edit dimensions when created" in 2015

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 8 of 9
toonsol

Thanks for your help. I changed the delay time from standard (2 seconds) to something else and now it is responding, but before it didn't show at all.

I got the edit dim to work (or not to work 😄 ) as well.

Så for now things seem to work correct.

One other thing that I noticed is when you use Stress Analysis for the first time you have to turn on all the panels, only Finish Stress Analysis shows.

Same for the Frame Analysis.

If I find more I will send it directly to you.

Toon

Message 9 of 9
JoyceZhou

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to know it works on your side:). (I tried to attach the image twice, but failed each time on my side. great to know it solved without the image.) As to Stress Analysis/Frame Analysis, i will contact with expert of this area and update you once i get info. Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report